Union Missouri Criminal Defense Attorney

Union Municipal Court Info

Hours: 8AM – 4:30PM, Monday – Friday
Court Phone: 636-583-8436
Court Administrator: Elona Hoerr
Municipal Judge: A. David Arand

Reviews for The People’s Counsel

“Highly recommend if you are looking for a trustworthy team to work on your behalf!”
—Ashley R.

“Charles and Tom are the BEST criminal defense lawyers EVER!!”
—James T.

“Great price, great communication, great lawyer!!”
—Teighlor P.

“I have worked with Charles Barberio twice now and have been incredibly impressed with his professionalism…”
—Carrie G.


The last thing you want on your permanent record is a criminal conviction from Union Missouri. Aside from some very limited situations, such a blemish will stay on your record forever (hence the word ‘permanent’). And if you value your future, then you will certainly want to contact the Union Missouri criminal defense lawyers at The People’s Counsel to ensure that record stays clean. 

What’s the big deal about your permanent record? A criminal conviction will show up anytime someone (or some organization) runs a criminal background check. So for instance, let’s say you are facing a misdemeanor charge for stealing. And regardless of how good your chances might be for an experienced Union MO defense attorney to get the charge dismissed, you decide to simply plead guilty (as is). 

This decision will allow the state of Missouri to make that conviction a part of your record. And the next time you go apply for a job, the employer will run the background check, see the blemish, and most likely eliminate you as a candidate for the position (regardless of how qualified you might otherwise be). Or the next time you try to rent an apartment, the landlord will not only run a credit report, he/she will also run a background check. Or when you want to take out a business / student loan, the banking institution will determine whether you are a good risk to loan out money based partially on how your criminal background check goes. 


So again, if you place any value on your future prospects, then it is absolutely in your best interest to contact us at The People’s Counsel! Our Union Missouri criminal defense attorneys pride themselves on working harder than any other law firm to get you the best result possible. And it is that willingness to put in the extra hours that makes our defense team so effective. The moment we put the municipal court in Union Missouri on notice of the fact that we are representing you, they know that your case is going to be taken care of by an expert team of professionals. This in turn means that the prosecutor and judge will expect us to fight hard on your behalf every step of the way. Doing business in this way is not disrespectful to the court; rather, it has earned us a well-deserved reputation of no-nonsense! 

What is our no-nonsense defense strategy built on? To begin with, we will look at every piece of evidence on your case (no matter how small it may appear to be). This is because even seemingly insignificant pieces of information can yield results (assuming you are the type of attorney who knows what to look for in the first place). Most defense attorneys will do nothing more than read the police report (which is a document written by the arresting officer that slants towards the officer’s point of view and favor), and maybe ask you a few questions. But our team will commit to a much higher level of work and investigation! 

As a result of this time and energy, it is not unusual for our Union Missouri criminal defense attorneys to find a way to get your case dismissed. In the alternative, our legal team has also negotiated hundreds and hundreds of plea bargains in which our clients do not plead to the original misdemeanor charge. Instead, we work out an arrangement in which you plead to a much lesser infraction (something like ‘littering,’ which would never become a part of your permanent record).

And if the prosecutor is unwilling to reduce the charges to a minor offense, we might be able to convince the judge that you should be placed on probation (instead of doing any jail time, or paying any fine). Such probation would normally last between one (1) to two (2) years in length. If you make it through the probationary period without getting into any more trouble (or scrapes with the law), then the original misdemeanor charge will not go on your permanent record. 

So if you are interesting in learning more, please do reach out to us soon! Our team will begin working on your case the moment you call. And please be aware of our generous payment plans to fit your household budget. We look forward to hearing from you!